Wednesday 26 June 2013

Bruce Springsteen, Paris and some anniversaries

My first Bruce Springsteen concert was on the 27th of June 2008, in Paris, at Parc Des Princes.
My second one was exactly one year and one day later on the 28th of June 2009 in London, at Hyde Park (and we all know what happened there. I wasn't normally planning on going to London, since I had already bought tickets for Rome, Torino and Udine in July of that same year. But I thought it would be nice if my second concert on on the (almost) anniversary of the first.
But this year, my 11th one, if all goes well, is going to be five years and two days after the first one, on the 29th of June 2013, again in Paris (this time at The Stade De France). It's also four years and one day after the Hyde Park concert. So, while in years to come, I will hopefully have Bruce anniversaries on the 27th, the 28th and the 29th of June, June 29th is also the anniversary of one of Bruce's legendary performances, again in Paris, at the Parc Paysager De La Courneuve during the Born In The U.S.A. tour in 1985.

No, I wasn't there at the time, but I know someone who was. It was his first concert. And on the 29th he will also be at The Stade De France, celebrating his 50th birthday!

No comments: