Wednesday 18 October 2023

Fatboy Slim live in Athens July 2023

As you probably know by now, I rarely go to see DJ's play live unless they are one of my favourites. So, after Tiesto in 2009 (and let's not forget Little Boots 10 years later - but that was after her live gig) it was now time for Fatboy Slim. (We could also mention here The Chemical Brothers in 2018 which was a dance music "live" gig). I wanted to see one of his sets especially after listening to his "Live On Brighton Beach" albums and watching the "Big Beach Boutique" DVD



He played at The Stavros Niarchor Foundation Cultural Center home of the Summer Nostos Festival. And what's more it was free (as the Summer Nostos Festival usually is). The support DJ set was by Hank K and what made it memorable for me was that he finished it by playing "Fired Up" by the Funky Green Dogs, one of my favourite dance tracks from more than 25 years before.



 


 

As I was getting my beer, Fatboy Slim (aka Norman Cook) was up on stage and he started by playing "Don't Stop Me Now" by Queen! What followed was two hours filled with favourite dance tracks from the past (some of which were his own) and more with a spectacular projection and light show.












 











The photos and videos I have posted here will give you just a taste of this amazing experience!

No comments: