I had already seen Jean Michel Jarre live 16 years ago at an indoor venue very near this year's which was an outdoor one. What I had neglected to do back then though, was to inform a very close friend of mine that I was going there. I thought he would be "too electronic" for her. You see, she is one of those rock fans who accuse me of listening to too much of "that electronic stuff". As it turned out though, she really liked him and wished she had come with me. We had to wait 16 years to rectify the situation.
Playing support was Sebastian Tellier and artist who I had first heard of through one of the first blogs I started following on Blogger, That Girl Needs Therapy. He then went on to represent France in the Eurovision Song Contest.
When his set was over, I rushed out for a brief snack (no Jackaroo at the SNFCC I'm afraid) and headed back up for the main event.
We had to wait quite a while for Jean Michel Jarre to come on stage. It seemed that he was quite late. It was worth the wait though.
Now, one of the reasons I wanted to see Jean Michel Jarre again, was that contrary to the indoor concert of 2010 this was going to be an outdoor one and I felt that this was going to be a spectacular show. Of course I didn't expect the displays he was doing at Houston and Lyon back in the 80's, but I did at least expect the lazer harp of the 2010 concert. It was nowhere to be seen however, instead there were the usual lazer displays almost everyone does these days. This didn't mean I was disappointed though, because it turned out to be a completely different show. As someone from the audience commented, comparec to the first show, this was more like a DJ set. Indeed he was playing dancier, remixed versions of some of his songs. And between tracks, his explanatory comments on the music were also translated in Greek on the screens.
He left the stage, came back for an encore, then left again leaving everybody happy.
SETLIST:
01. The Opening
02. Magnetic Fields 1
03. Sex In The Machine
04. Oxymore
05. Oxygène 2
06. Arpegiator
07. Équinoxe 7
08. The Architect
09. Zoolookologie
10. Zero Gravity (Above & Beyond Remix)
11. Industrial Révolution 2
12. Herbalizer
13. Oxygène 19
14. Exit
15. Équinoxe 4
16. Brutalism
18. Epica
19. Stardust
Encore:


No comments:
Post a Comment