Thursday 6 April 2017

Mr. Highway Band and The Big Nose Attack together at the 6th Music Highway Festival


I first went to the Music Highway Festival two years ago to see Dustbowl play their own stuff (instead of The Johnny Cash Tribute) and Penny Dreadful who had played after The Western Ramblers back in 2013. That's when I was introduced to the music of the headliners Mr. Highway Band and got hooked ever since. I went again this year because I always wanted to see them at the same festival with The Big Nose Attack. (I had seen both bands on the same night before at The Big Nose Attack gig at Gagarin last year).
The opening band was Drunken Gramophone which was a new discovery for me. Two years ago I had been introduced to 4LT. whose members (well, at least a couple of them) I spotted in the audience this year.


Then it was the turn of The Big Nose Attack launching directly into Yeah! (That Girl) and playing songs from all three of their albums including the obligatory "Foxy Lady" and "Wild Cherry"


Finally, Mr. Highway Band came on. On the first part of their set they presented their new, third album "The Rebel Artist" for the first time in Athens (I distinctly remember "At The End Day" from the 2015 festival). This presentation featured many special guests the most impressive of which had to be singer Georgia Poutous. 


Then it was on to the second part featuring songs from their previous albums including "Story Of My Life" and "Revolution". The highlight of the night had to be the moment when the singer picked up a girl to dance with him on stage so that her boyfriend could come up and propose to her!

It was over by 1:30 am but I had time to stock up on CD's and badges from the merchandise stand...




No comments: